Educational Services Update
The NFHS Learning Center
Save The Date! The NFHSLearn Summit will take place from 3:00-4:15pm on June 28th at the NFHS Summer Meeting in Providence, RI. NFHS staff will be presenting new courses and all new features the NFHS Learning Center will bring for the new school year. Please join us!
Course of the Month: Sudden Cardiac Arrest.
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest is the number one cause of death in the United States for student athletes during exercise. This free course will help you learn and recognize the warning signs and symptoms of Sudden Cardiac Arrest
Courses currently in development: Appearance and Performance Enhancing Drugs and Substances, Officiating Football, Officiating Swimming and Diving, Officiating Soccer, Hazing (For Students) and Supervising After-School Activities.
- Appearance and Performance Enhancing Drugs & Substances: Appearance and Performance Enhancing Drugs & Substances (APEDS) has been designed to help coaches, parents and administrators define what APEDs are, describe their uses, and identify who uses them and why. It examines the effects and side effects of APEDS and explores education strategies for students, parents, coaches and administrators.
- Officiating Football: Designed to be beneficial to new and experienced officials, this course will cover principles of good football officiating. It discusses risk minimization and its potential impact on injuries. It will explain legal and illegal blocking and how to identify legal catches and interference in the passing game.
- making their own calls.
- Officiating Soccer: Fouls and Misconducts: This course has been created to help soccer officials identify different forms of rules violations in order to make games safe and fair. It gives guidance on how to deal with disciplinary issues and other forms of unsporting contact and provides examples of situations to call fouls and show cards.
- More information to come on Hazing (For Students) and Supervising After-School Activities courses.Officiating Swimming and Diving: This upcoming course is designed to help Swimming Officials and Diving Judges understand the aspects of a good official, including professionalism, rules knowledge, and communication. It explains what to observe and identify in swimmers to help ensure fairness in high school competition. It provides examples of dives, allowing officials to practice
NFHS Social Media:
- Be sure to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and like us on Facebook to stay informed on NFHS Learn and Educational Services.
- The FINAL social media giveaway will be June 10th-12th. Keep an eye on FB and Twitter for details.
If you have any questions about NFHS Learn or Educational Services, please contact us.